New 7,200 RPM Ultrastar™ 7K4000 Enterprise-Class Hard Drive Delivers Extreme Capacity, Reliability, Performance and Low Power; Massive 4TB Drive Provides Space-efficient Storage to Help Lower TCO for Big Data and Cloud Giants in Internet Search, Social Networking/Media, Online Retail and Banking
Top 5 reasons why HGST’s 7,200RPM enterprise-class hard drives help keep TCO to a minimum:
- Third-generation, field-proven Ultrastar design, with industry’s highest MTBF specification on a 7,200 RPM HDD to help reduce system downtime.
- Easier integration and simplified product qualifications as a result of extensive interoperability and compliance testing in HGST’s advanced Systems Integration Test Lab (SIT Lab).
- Better GB per square foot (GB/sq ft.) and watts/GB when compared to its predecessor or 2.5-inch, capacityoptimised, 7,200 RPM enterprise hard drives.
- Features a Dual Stage Actuator (DSA) and Enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) for robust performance in multi-drive environments.
- Models are available with a bulk data encryption (BDE) option to help keep information safe.
The Ultrastar 7K4000 family features a 6Gb/s SATA interface and a 64MB cache buffer. It is an Advanced Format drive, using 4096-byte sector size, and is backward compatible with legacy 512-byte sector size by offering built-in 512-byte emulation through the SATA interface.
HGST (formerly known as Hitachi Global Storage Technologies or Hitachi GST), a Western Digital company, develops advanced hard disk drives, enterprise-class solid state drives, innovative external storage solutions and services used to store, preserve and manage the world’s most valued data. Founded by the pioneers of hard drives, HGST provides highvalue
storage for a broad range of market segments, including Enterprise, Desktop, Mobile Computing, Consumer Electronics and Personal Storage. HGST was established in 2003 and maintains its U.S. headquarters in San Jose, California.
For more information, please visit the company’s website at http://www.hgst.com.
The HGST range of data storage products are available now from NAR Design.